I think my illness is relapsing. I felt ok today thanks to the wonder that is Dayquial, then after an evening nap, I woke up feeling about 2% alive.
There is one positive thing that has come out of my illness: I broke my film record. You may remember if you are a long-term follower that I attending an all-night horror film festival over the summer, in which we watched 5 films between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am.
Monday, I watched eight films. That's right, eight. It started at about 2:00 am when I couldn't sleep because I can't breathe very well, and continued between naps until about 11:00 pm.
1. The Princess Diaries: I know, but I actually like this movie for some reason. It makes me feel good.
2. The Awful Truth: I watch this at bedtime about 3-4 times a week, but this time I didn't fall asleep, like I usually do about when Lucy and Daniel sing "Home on the Range". that led me to..
3. My Favorite Wife: another bedtime favorite. I don't like watching movies that are new to me at bedtime because I always fall asleep.
4. Once Upon a Honeymoon: another bedtime staple that I watched completely. It's still weird, but I like it.
5. Blonde Venus: The only film that was new to me. I had to watch it for my Films of the 30s course (don't et me started on how much I dislike that class). It's the first film we have watched in the class that I have mostly liked, but I don't think it will make it in to my regular viewing rotation.
6. Louis CK: Chewed Up: I also love stand-up comedy, and the way this guy makes fun of his kids leaves me rolling on the floor.
7. Bringing Up Baby: this one usually knocks me out, and I slept through the middle, but actively watched the beginning and end. Then I thought about watching it again with the commentary, but I flipped the DVD over and watched....
8. The Philadelphia Story. Fantastic.
Apparently Cary Grat is the best medicine, or so I hoped.
That was my monday! Sometimes being sick isn't so bad, except for the fact that I wouldn't mind dying right now...
Back to bed!
5 years ago